Household cleaners, detergents, and gas are common items that can be very harmful if swallowed, inhaled, or misused.
Recommendations for preventing poisonings:
- Mark it and lock it
Store all household cleaners, detergents, medications, and gas in marked and locked containers out of reach of children and youth.
- Know the danger
Teach children that are dangerous and can make a person very sick.
- Keep away
Keep all poisonous products away from children. Children should not handle poisonous products.
Visit Prescription and Over-the-Counter Drugs for more information on preventing poisoning.